PEASE Adventures in wildlife sciences
pease green initiative
We have partnered with DoubleTree and Keep Austin Beautiful to do some spring cleaning at Pease! We worked in the south garden, built benches for the outside classroom, beautified the front of the building and cleaned out the outdoor classroom located next to the north playground. It was a true community experience.
students planting the regional gardens
Rain Garden construction Summer 2015
Paws changes and updates
Photos courtesy of Mrs. Graham's class of photographer/scientists.
INstallation of the Rainwater collection system by innovative water solutions
South Garden Redesign
thank you donors and sponsors!
- Buff Strickland family foundation: $9,000
- DANA = $2,000
- Pease PTA = $3,000
- COA Bright Green Futures = $3,000
- Individual donors = $550
- JeDunn = Construction of the PAWS Rain Garden, soil, labor, expertise
- Clean Scapes = Rain Garden, 100% plant donation for PAWS native beds
- TBG-Inc. = Completion of site plan, Rain Garden design, and 100% amended soil for Regional Gardens
- Compost Peddlers = Compost Bin labor x2
- DoubleTree Suites = 100% Tree donation for PAWS
- Keep Austin Beautiful = 100% soil and mulch, tools
- Sustainable Food Center=Training
Model and Photos of PAWS Project